Creativity Starts Here!
If you are the proud parent of a future Steven Spielberg, Kathryn Bigelow, M. Night Shyamalan, Penny Marshall, Steve McQueen, or Justin Lin then come the summer let your child spend a week at one of Dedham Television’s amazing Summer Clubs for young filmmakers!
All throughout the summer at our Media Engagement Center, our award-winning cinematographer and Director of IT, Operations, and Training, Dan Hallissey teaches a unique version of his adult-oriented From Scene to Screen Video Production Masterclass geared for children generally from 5th through 10th graders.
The class is 5-day hands-on workshop that begins at 9AM and runs through 1PM with a half hour for lunch. There are many weekly sessions starting from July through August.
Participants in the Summer Camps get to work on their own episode of a video production project called Dedham’s Got Talent!
The skills students learn in this class are:
- Understanding video cameras and equipment
- Basic videography skills from camera setups, microphones, to lighting
- Staging a real video production shoot for Dedham’s Got Talent (framing shots, blocking scenes, directing actors, etc.)
- Learning how to import digital video into a computer for editing
- Learning the basics of video editing with Final Cut Pro X
- Learning the basics of post-production enhancements to video such as visual effects with Adobe After Effects
- Learning how to export, distribute, and upload a completed digital video project
At the end of each session, students receive a Certificate of Completion in A to Z TV Summer Camp and a DVD of their class video project (an episode of Dedham’s Got Talent with them in it!) from their instructor.
Also lunch (usually pizza), soft drinks, and snacks are provided daily for our students!
To learn more about Dedham Television’s Summer Clubs contact our Director of Training.
Click on the gallery images below to see more of The MEC!